Thursday, January 29, 2009

Looking Forward to Brevet Season


Our new website hasn't had it's official debut yet, but it's picking up a little traffic, guessing from the feedback I'm getting from some of you. I'll make the formal launch soon. Just working on the finishing touches.

From the sounds of it, the schedule is going to work. I think it's a good one; lots of variety, some new stuff, some familiar gems... I'll keep it as tentative for a few more weeks, make some changes if necessary, then lock it in.

My aim for this season is to pack as many rides in as possible, while not conflicting with any of the other major events going on. My fear, however, is for a spring snow that will eliminate the Homer ride. Last year's snow was really a drag. But, that happens sometimes. At least it wasn't a volcano erupting! Anyway, I'm hoping the warmer average temperatures down in the Banana Belt (Homer) will work in our favor. Personally, I'm really excited about the Homer ride. I think it'll be one of the most beautiful 200Ks around.

No comments: